Description: The Communications Intern will help fulfill the communications needs of IFCLA. This includes assisting in managing social media, drafting position statements, press releases and advisories, messaging outlines for specific actions, letters to the editor, etc. The position will also seek to improve records of our activities (photography, live streaming, article mentions/hits, etc). The position requests ten hours per week.
- Improve IFCLA’s online outreach and effectiveness on social media
- Drafting and editing IFCLA position statements, op-eds/letters to the editor, press releases, etc.
- Work with the Program Coordinator and Communications Director to research communications platforms for content creation and curation, and generate content for publication online
- Represent IFCLA by tabling at and/or attending important community events
- Participate in events/actions hosted by IFCLA and collaborative organization
- Communications experience and/or major is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, self-driven and highly motivated learner
- Access to reliable transportation is helpful but not required
- Knowledge of Latin American history/politics is helpful but not required
- Spanish-language proficiency preferred
- Commitment to social justice
How to Apply: Send your resume and a cover letter describing how your background and skills would be a good fit for IFCLA, and why this specific internship opportunity is of interest to you to Sara John at firstname.lastname@example.org.